Watsonville Woman’s Club on September 1, 1917

100 years ago on September 1, 1917:   After months of patient waiting, the Watsonville Woman’s Club members are at last located in their new clubhouse on Brennan Street.  The first meeting of the club in its new home was held this afternoon with a large attendance present.  After the business meeting an informal housewarming was held, tea being served and a social hour enjoyed.  Mrs. E. Steinhauser headed the committee that so beautifully decorated the interior with dahlias and other flowers, her assistants being Mrs. R. J. Parkinson, Mrs. Carrie B. Wood, and Miss Elizabeth Wiley.  The tea committee was composed of Mrs. Elizabeth Dickerman, Mrs. Cleon Aldridge, Mrs. N. B. Anderson and Mrs. C. N. Hildebrandt.  A number of gifts have already been made to the club, with the club’s past presidents giving a table for the reception room, its other officers providing a table for the main room, and additional gifts being either already presented or promised in the near future.